Wednesday December 30, 2020



I just came back from what has become my annual short trip down to Santa Clara.  I left Sunday and came back this morning. 3 short days really.      Left 4am, 10 hours down, had a late lunch Sunday with Mara with Poke bowls, then spent Monday with Jana walking around downtown San Jose and we sat at a table on the SJSU campus and had noodle soups, then walked around the Mission College campus where she spent her last two years of high school.    On Tue Mara and I drove down to Santa Cruz, more on the north side and walked around.  We stopped at the park cafe and she got a rock cod sandwich and I got a hot dog.    Then we walked down to the board walk and got tshirts.     One for each of us, and one for her current boyfriend "Mike" that I have never met.  

Then I left after dropping Mara off at the house, and spent the night in Eureka.    The only wrinkle in the trip was getting a ticket from a cop just north of Crescent City "Passing in a turn lane".     I should have known better.    Cops like to hang out along the state border and ticket cars with out of state plates.    Easy tickets.   People dont want to come back and fight it in court so they just pay.    Now I have that hanging over my head.    I could kick myself.

It was nevertheless a great trip, and I had a great time with both Mara and Jana.  They are both pretty much adults now and we are forming adult relationships, caring and attentive.     Its nice for me.

I have been upset with myself all day over the ticket, so I thought I would try to moderate the anxiety a bit by writing here.   Writing usually centers me, thought I don't think I will be able to get past this until I find out how much the ticket is, pay it and get past it.    It might also affect my insurance.   Ughhh.    I have never liked having a car, and the expense of it.   Maybe I should just pack the car in and just get a rental when I need one.

Beautiful sunny and moderate weather down there.    As soon as I crossed back into Oregon - to the minute - it started raining.    Now I look outside and its like all hell is breaking loose.  Wind.  Rain.     Tamale the cat came in for a minute and barely noticed me.    Nice to see you too.     I gave her some cat treats, which she dutifully ate, then quickly went back outside.    Haven't seen her since.   Six hours ago.  In this weather.    I wonder if she has another owner besides me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8